Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hold on!

Howdy all,

I've gotten a few "where are you?" emails and I wanted to ask you all to hold on just a few more days. I'm at the very end of membership drive for Passionate Ink, a new RWA chapter for erotic romance authors. Please understand that I'd rather be blogging than herding cats - oh! I mean, collecting membership dues from fine authors who go by so many names I'm not sure THEY know who they are any more. Combine this up with a large percentage of people who got married, but never changed their last names on PayPal and you have my own special brand of hell.

I just had the following conversation with myself (names have been changed to protect the guilty):
"So the PayPal says "Cissy Michelle" on it. Cissy isn't exactly a common name and on the roster I have "Cissy Willows." Maybe they're the same people? Or maybe not. Hmmm..." So I shoot out an email, only to find Cissy got married five years ago and never changed her maiden name from her PayPal account. Better yet is when I get a PayPal from "Cissy Luscious" or something like that which SCREAMS of a pen name. I look on my roster and am not shocked to see that "Luscious" isn't on the list.

It's an exercise that is teaching me something, I'm sure, but whatever it is I'm supposed to be learning, the lesson seems to be going straight over my head. I find myself cursing and snarling and generally asking myself what possessed me to ever sign up for this job in the first place. I don’t even balance my own checkbook and never have. I just am one of those people who has a “feel” for what’s in my account. Of course I bounced stuff right and left when I got married since my husband spends money in odd patterns without telling me, but that’s another blog for another day.

Anywho, in the next day or two it will be over, and I can blog about author photos, which is what I've been working on. I have some interesting observations I think will amuse you!

No comments: