Saturday, June 04, 2005

I'm Back and Rarin' to Blog

I'm back and have several blogs to post, so get ready for the infusion!! Heh, heh, heh.

First, I wanted to quickly plug a book. Then I have a rant I'll post (probably tomorrow after my stepkids depart) on Rome. And then on Monday, I have a book report to do on the six books I read on my vacation (evil laughter here). My critique partner, Jennifer Skully, said that she thought I was going over board for what was essentially a six day trip, but I'm happy to report that I rose to the call and finished all but one of the seven books I brought.

THE PLUG: Today, I read an excerpt of A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court by Marianne Mancusi and I've got to tell you, it's worth a look. I plan to hit the store on Monday to get my own copy of it. I'm a sucker for first person sarcastic heroines. Snicker. Maybe because I am pretty sarcastic myself. The heroine's mission for this book: "To write 500 words on the emerging trend of medieval garb in today’s fashions. " While the topic is NOT me (I'm more a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal m'self and have spent my life morning the day I grew out of Geranimals since it just seemed so much easier to buy 2 bear tops to go with the bear bottoms), I do love a good time travel! And I loooove a hunky guy. Oh yeah. So check it out for yourself, I think you'll see it's worth a look and a read!

No comments: