Monday, November 14, 2005

Spam-bloggers - a New Breed

I wanted to apologize for spammers who are hitting my blog. Today alone, Arianna Hart put a comment on the post I wrote last week and BAM! I had six spammers hit and not just last week's post, either. Two months ago, I spent over an hour combing through my blog, looking for what turned out to be an ad for enhanced orgasms and finally found it months back in posts. Very annoying.

What has puzzled me is when they post - it seems to come right after I post and then after any of you post. Post comments so I can run an experiment.

Realize I try to go after these guys as fast as possible, but I've given up policing past a month back. It's just too much of a pain in the buttocks to comb through. (I figure I can tell all of you my strategy - God knows these people don't actually read my blog before they post.) Hopefully, you'll understand and ignore them. It might be possible that some of you really do want to learn about insurance in Illinois or Elvis sightings - I don't want to take away every opportunity for you! Ha!

Leigh

2 comments:

Rinda Elliott said...

Have you thought of putting up a word verification thingie?

Gena Showalter said...

If the insurance policy is on enhanced orgasms, I'd like more info...