Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Men: Let this be a warning to you!

So I just read the following newspaper article:

Jury Rules Against Woman in Genital Gluing

GREENSBURG , Pa. (Nov. 5) - A Westmoreland County jury on Friday ordered a woman to pay $46,200 to her ex-boyfriend for gluing his genitals to his abdomen.

Jurors found in favor of Kenneth Slaby of Pittsburgh in his civil case against Gail O'Toole of Murrysville after three days of testimony and ordered the payment for pain, suffering and emotional distress, according to television station KDKA.

"For all the pain and suffering I've been through, and the embarrassment, I don't think it's enough,'' Slaby told reporters after the verdict.

Slaby's lawsuit said the two broke up in 1999 after dating for 10 months, and he began dating someone else. After he broke up with his other girlfriend, Slaby said, O'Toole invited him over to her home on May 7, 2000, where he fell asleep.

He said he woke up to find that O'Toole had used Super Glue to stick his genitals to his abdomen, glued his buttocks together and spelled out a profanity on his back in nail polish.

Slaby said O'Toole told him that her actions were payback for their breakup, and he had to walk a mile to a gas station to call for help. He pressed charges and O'Toole pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and spent six months on probation.


Ummmm.... So. What to say? A friend commented that there is a book in this, and part of me agrees - not a romance for sure. Heh. I can't help but think this guy did something to his ex-girlfriend that isn't in the article and my writer's mind has come up with all kinds of scenarios that might inspire this behavior. Depending on what he did, six months probation and $46,200 might be worth it....

7 comments:

Leigh Wyndfield said...

I'm leaving the comment above instead of deleting as usual because I find myself wanting to click to see what a scommesse calcio is. Probably that insurance Gena was looking for the other day - the one that enhances orgasms...

Don't click it, though. It will probably flag my blog for more spamming - lol.

Gena Showalter said...

If you weren't married, there are a few men I'd like you to date...:)

Jaci Burton said...

hmmm...maybe you could write about a vicious girlfriend beating jerk, or a guy who uses and abuses women and this is his payback.

There are quite a few guys out there who do heinous things to women where a case like this would be totally justified....

A romantic suspense?

Get started on it, will ya? *g*

Anonymous said...

I agree, some of the story is missing! I thought that was v. funny indeed (warped sense of humour - for some reason it was the buttocks and the nail polish that got to me) but I read it to the man and he just didn't laugh.... (shrug)
;-)

Arianna Hart said...

*snicker* I know this is evil and twisted and just wrong, but it's oh so very funny. He doesn't mention how he happened to be naked and such a sound sleeper that he didn't wake up when she painted nail polish on him or super glued his penis. I think I may have to send my husband over here. . .hee hee
Ari

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh Wyndfield. I was looking for psychic spiritual reading related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a psychic spiritual reading site. You can get an honest and informative reading to help you find your soul mate or lost loved one. You can also get info on numerology and astrology. Check it out when you can :)

Rae Monet said...

LOL, that is so funny, Leigh. The nail polish had me howling.